Managing leak with your AirFit F20
- Leak often occurs when your mask’s seal is compromised by movement, incorrect fitting or improper sizing.
- To find a source of leak, run your finger along the edge of your mask’s seal. Once located, adjust your headgear.
- Resolve any leak in the upper part of your mask by adjusting your upper straps.
- Resolve lower mask leak with your lower straps.
- If leak persists, reseal by briefly pulling your mask away from your face, letting your cushion reinflate, and resettling your mask cushion so the cushion membrane is sitting at the top of your nasal bridge.
- If leak continues, you may need a different size mask. Try our sizing guide or speak to your healthcare provider about getting a different size mask.
Maintaining your AirFit F20
- To maintain optimum therapy performance, your mask should be checked regularly for signs of damage and deterioration.
- When cleaning your mask, you should also check each component for damage. Your cushion, frame, tubing, elbow and headgear should all be regularly checked for cracks and tears.
- If any component of your mask is cracked or torn, it may be damaged and in need of replacement.
- It’s also important to regularly replenish your mask cushion.
Disassemble the AirFit F20
- Remove elbow from frame.
- Unclip the magnetic clips.
- Undo upper headgear tabs.
- Pull strapping away from frame.
- Pull cushion away from frame.
Cleaning your AirFit F20 (Daily)
- Disassemble mask.
- Rinse frame, elbow and cushion under running water. Clean each component with a soft brush.
- Soak components in warm water with mild liquid detergent for up to ten minutes.
- Shake components in water.
- Brush moving parts of elbow and around vent holes.
- Brush areas of frame where arms connect, and inside and outside the frame where the elbow connects.
- Rinse components under running water.
- Leave components to air dry out of direct sunlight – making sure to squeeze the arms of the frame to ensure excess water is removed.
Cleaning your AirFit F20 (Weekly)
- Disassemble mask. EasyClick magnets can remain attached to headgear during cleaning.
- Handwash headgear in warm water with mild liquid detergent.
- Rinse headgear under running water. Inspect to ensure headgear is clean and detergent free. Wash and rinse again, if necessary.
- Squeeze headgear to remove excess water.
- Leave headgear to air dry out of direct sunlight.
Reassemble the AirFit F20
- Attach cushion to frame.
- Attach the EasyClick Magnets.
- Connect upper headgear straps.
- Connect elbow to mask frame.